A PALETTE A DAY

by - August 06, 2018

Blogging and Beauty on a Budget.
Eyeshadow Palette Edition




Good Day my Tulip Readers

HA! YA girl is coming with all the fire, this is just a warning because this week is about to be LIT!!!!!!💃💃💃

SO I have been on a journey to having eye makeup that makes my whole look and trust me, as I have said before it take a lot of Practice, time and patience. I however have non of those things, so I always try my luck when I have an event or a day out to push myself, I'm a creature of habit don't judge me guys HAHA.

SO biggest thing I have learned, please I beg you, PREP I repeat PREP your eyelids. This allows for your eye look to blend easier, pigment to show up way better and to last longer and not get cakey and be at the bottom of your eyes by the time your day is over. Besides we grown up now we don't have time to look whack with our eye makeup bleeding off the bottom of our eyes, THAT AINT CUTE!!!!
I my normal every day concealer my LA Girl.

After I have filled in my eye brows and shaped them, with my concealer I pull it down all over my eyelid, guys in this step try not to blink much because it will it will crease and then your eye look will just be a mess. Trust Me. IMPORTANT- SET YOUR CONCEALER I use my Yardley Translucent powder to set my eyelid and I'm ready.

This is also important, if you are doing your face makeup before your eye makeup look follow the same procedure but set your face well, and leave the bottom concealer of your eyes to bake, this will allow a surface for your eyeshadow if by any means it does mess, it will be caught in your setting powder and then you dust it off when your eye look is complete, EASY FIX! 👍

Below I am going to list affordable eye primers that you can get by the drugstore, cheap and very effective. And a little list about all the kinds of palettes you can get.
Essence Glitter eyeshadow primer is R55.00 at Dischem 
Palladio Eye shadow primer- R99.00 at Dischem 




Okay lets get into the good part, EYESHADOW!!!
As they eye the eyes are the window to the soul, HAHA. You have to make them work for you, but before buying eyeshadow there is so much to consider.
SKIN TONE
EYE SHAPE
SKIN TYPE ( if you have sensitive skin glittery, or thick dense eyeshadows can hurt your lids)
QUALITY (Please note severely cheap products can damage your skin, so if you need to save and buy a good product instead of a cheap one, also eyeshadows can stain skin, always test it first)

When I buy eyeshadows I have usually been researching them, I'm not someone who really goes with the hype because what wors for someone else might not work for you so always be very careful.

Its taken me a while to build up the small collection I do have, but I have managed to create a bunch of looks for myself and my family. But I promise I haven't even touched half of all my colours.

LET ME TAKE YOU THROUGH MY NEW OBSESSION THEN I WILL GO THROUGH MY WHOLE COLLECTION AND WHEN I USE THEM.




MAYBELLINE YYYASSSS QUEEN!!!!! 
I promise I cannot even tell you how much I love this brand, the colours are just amazing, the wear is brilliant and for the first time in a long time I have these really beautiful colours I get to play around with, I feel too bad if I only use a few, as by the usage I'm sure you can see which (SIMPLE) colours I lean toward, but its only because I don't wear a lot of colour I like to keep my life as simple as I possibly can. HAHA NOT with these. 

So let me start off with I got this as a gift, so I don't look at the price, I'm sure its about R300.00 its an amazing product, the shimmer shades go on like butter I swear its almost like it gives you life hey, I mean it does haha.
I feel like these palettes are made so perfectly in sync, the formula for the matt shades are so light and airy but the colour transfer is brilliant, I even have to take some product off my brush cause a girl don't wanna over do it ya know???
SO I take the lightest matte shade and I use is at my transition colour, I then apply my shimmer shade with a wet brush( I just pray some rose water on it) and when I have done 3/4 of my eye, I go in and apply the darkest matte shade, according to my mood that day, it adds definition to your eye. 

I then apply the same colours to my bottom lash and make sure I either line my water line or do a thin Line of eyeliner and add my favourite mascara. And you're done, its really so simple. Don't be intimidated by colour I even wore a Pink eye two weeks ago (from the Maybelline blushed nudes palette) and I loved how it lasted the whole day and made me look like a cupcake. Eyes are really the source of your face that bring it all together, so take some time and make it work for you. 



Let me show you some new add on's to my collection wow IM EXCITED FOR THIS PART. 

I bought these as a set recently on the BEAUTY SWOP OR SALE Page on Facebook from a reliable seller. 
This site Is so accessible and such a blessing to budget buyers. Please do like their page and go and see the amazing products they currently are selling on their page. Its a very disciplined page, the Admin Holders are strict and I love that, they make sure every single customer, blogger, makeup lover every single woman feel so comfortable. 


This is the Makeup Revolution Palette, its a face palette, it has amazing pigmented highlighters and bronzers, as well as a blush shade. Which all can be used as eyeshadows as well. 








I got the SHAAANXO 18 piece eyeshadow and lipstick palette by BH cosmetics. Its got 9 Shadows and 9 lippies. 
I am definitely going to be reviewing this palette separately and I will be swatching the lipsticks as well.  
SO SHHH, I wont be saying much about this one right now. 😉


WET n WILD! Oh this palette does all the things to my life guys, Its creamy, dreamy and shem the pigmentation is on another level, I actually use the black eye shadow for work because I don't have time to use my liner and it lasts the whole day. I'm so impressed with this palette. But as the SHAAANXO palette I will be reviewing this one separately. KEEP AN EYE OUT!!! PUNNY! 

SO guys for our first post back for the 5 days of 5 posts week, I hope I started off your week with some spice, At the bottom I will insert a few pictures of makeup looks I've used these palettes in, and I want to remind you, makeup does not make you, you make it, you make it work for you! 






All My love 

Keesha Mcpherson Of Takkies and Tulips👟🥀



You May Also Like

0 comments