POWDER PERFECT

by - August 05, 2019

POWDER POWER
 
Good Day my Buds 🎕

Let's catch up a little bit.

As we all know I do work full time besides having my blog and moving my blog over has been a wee bit of a challenge but it's okay.

We will make it work. I hope all my beautiful readers are doing okay and are having some amazing times to create good memories. I know that in the past few months I've spent a lot of time with my family and close friends and it's needed. But I've also had a lot of reflection and quiet time. Time that I didn't know I needed but actually I did. Times of silence really can help you come back to yourself and who you are. And also remind you never to give up on any dreams you've had and to keep pushing. ❤️


So, as you know I have got combination skin and setting my face is severely tricky. I either look like a ghost or my makeup doesn't last more than four hours before it starts melting off my face (not literally LOL) and the natural oils in my skin tend to peek through and allow my makeup to either oxidise or disappear during the day.


I didn't know how to use powder and how well it worked until I tried it for myself. Like many woman I didn't want my skin or my makeup to look super dry, pasty or have any flashback in my pictures. I then learned that it's not only your setting or finishing powder that can do this it's the entire way your makeup is applied. This is just an extra step to lock in your colour and style cost effectively and it's a done deal. 

Let's get into it. 


Different types of powder

  • Translucent loose setting Powder – This is a clear powder that sets your foundation and concealer without altering any of the colour, if it does contain silica it might cause flashback so I use the YARDLEY ABSOLUTE TRANDSLUCENT POWDER, and it works for any skin type and like a dream.
  • Pigmented loose setting powder – This is a loose setting powder with a tint, with this powder you may chose the colour that suits your skin tone, this is an everyday powder and you can even use it as a powder foundation if applied correctly.
  • Translucent pressed powder – This is the same as translucent loose powder just compressed and it doesn’t mess as much. Also, the molecules are a bit finer so it can be used to set best under the eyes and highlight points
  • Pigmented pressed powder – This is the same as pigmented loose powder, although it used more as eyeshadows and bronzers as well.
  • Bronzing powder – So your foundation is your first layer, which you even out your skin, bronzer is then used to warm up the face and give it a bit more dimension.

WHY WE USE POWDER?



  • I can definitely tell you why I use it, I use it especially with liquid foundations to set it, especially in summer, your foundation is not like glue so it wont stay on after it dries, it might slide around your face, there fore making your makeup look blotchy and uneven I don’t think any body wants that.
  • Also, it sets cream products very well, and it makes your makeup last longer through out the day.
  • It makes your makeup look seamless
  • It allows the rest of your powder products you put over be more vibrant, pigmented and extends your makeup wear over all.


WHEN TO USE POWDER?
  • I use powder to set my foundation and concealer
  • I use powder to bake my highlight if I am going for a sculpted look
  • I use powder to bronze my face after I’ve set my makeup

Things you don’t do with powder!!!

  • Do not use any liquid products over your powder, it might make take it off or even cause your powder to clump up.
  • Do not use too much powder or else your face might have too much access you won’t be able to get off, or you might end up looking like a ghost.
  • Do not bake with pressed powders they will cause creasing; it is made to set only.
  • Do not use a loose powder as eyeshadow you will have a lot of fallout. 

A few handy TIPS AND TRICKS 😎
  • You can use powder with a damp makeup sponge
  • You can use translucent powder to set your concealer under your brow bone and on your eyelid
  • You can use Bronzer as an eyeshadow
  • You can even use yellow powders under your eyes to brighten it up.
MY FAVOURITE POWDERS 

  • YARDLEY ABSOLUTE TRANSLUCENT POWDER YARDLEY ABSOLUTE
  • MAYBELLINE FIT ME PRESSED POWDER IN 330/ 350 MAYBELLINE 
  • MAYBELLINE PRESSED POWDER IN CARAMEL 
All available at dischem, clicks and Takealot 



But most of all.

ENJOY trying out new things, powder can dry out your skin so if you have dry skin, use much less, but also If you have oily skin it wont keep it at bay all day so be mindful to use other products in conjunction with your powder to keep your skin oil free for longer. Lastly enjoy the process of figuring it out, also last tip. YOU CAN FINISH your makeup with SETTING SPRAY!!

ALL MY LOVE 
KEESHA OF TAKKIES&TULIPS 🧡

You May Also Like

0 comments