3 WAYS UP YOUR READING GAME

by - August 13, 2019

HI MY BUDS🎕

I HOPE YOU ARE ALL DOING WELL AND HAVING AN AMAZING START TO THIS NEW WEEK.

So for the Month Of August I have decided that every Tuesday I will be posting. This week's post is all about reading. 📚

I am a writer and reader By heart. I absolutely love the way I can live all these different stories I read. I usually play them out in my head as stories progress but I can honestly say that I do get very demotivated to read, I'm either tired, busy or just not in the mood. And then I have alot of books that go to waste.

So for myself I have created a few ways I'm order to make sure that I can read my books completely and successfully. Also reaching reading goals that I set out for myself.

NUMBER 1 - ORGANIZATION


I used to just have my books all over, that way I definitely never used to read them as often, also they would get really damaged or even the risk of getting damaged.

So I create a space to organize my books. I have a bookshelf, which you don't need. Even if you have desk space or even space in your cupboard where your books can fit neatly.

This way I also know every book I have in my collection and I feel like I'm setting goals for myself knowing that they are right there and I feel less guilty knowing I'm getting through all my books. Especially if they are apart of a book series I love reading them all order and having all the books in the collection.

P.S. I keep all my unread books in a different section so I know which ones I haven't read. So I can build up the eagerness to read them as well.

NUMBER 2 - READING SPACE


This was a tough one. I can easily get in my bed and read ten pages no problem, but that's when I didn't work full time. Or I didn't have my weekends full spending time with my family or writing articles.

I now create a reading space. Even if it's just a chair in the corner of your room, or sitting on top of your blankets on your bed and setting a reminder to read even 3 pages.
I even love to sit in our back yard, around my dogs and sit in the sun with a new book, or even re reading some of my favourites.

As Long as it's a space where you won't be too distracted and it takes away from the story or your commitment to your book. But also a place where you are calm and can enjoy your book for as long as possible. It's all about you reading your favourite genre and having a blast. It also doesn't make it feel like it's forced or even like homework. But more so like a calm, peaceful, and serene part of your week or day that you've been waiting for.

NUMBER 3 - READING APPS


This might seem like a 'Lazy Option'. I for one think it's pretty genius, and I will tell you why. We are in a huge digital day and age. Where we are all connected somehow to technology and what is easier and more efficient than having all your favourite books all in one place. Also SPACE SAVER!!

It's a great way to also make it easier in your everyday life if you really want to read a book and have no space for either a hard copy. Or feel it's better at night. Also having a device in your hand will make you not want to fall asleep and damaging your device. Also it's easier all around if you are more technological.

My big sister recently introduced me to an APP called ANY BOOKS 




This is a free app that only requires either a WIFI OR DATA source. Which is so efficient.
All you have to do is either log in with your Facebook or EMAIL account.


You have access to thousands of books from all your favourite authors. You may even purchase books online, which means that the Authors will also be benefitting from you using this APP.
For me the best part is, this app is so accessible especially with me that is quite busy, it reminds me daily to slow down read a few pages. And live each story I read.

It is broken down in genres and new releases. It will even suggest to you high rating books of the week and top picks from your favourites genres which you apply when you first sign up to use the app.

You can find it in your APP store. I will also link it right here. ANYBOOKS


The best part about this app it shows you how many pages you've read and how many you have left you feel quite accomplished when you flip the pages (which you actually swipe through) and see how much progress you've made. You can also easily delete or even re download. Another thing is it doesn't take up much space.

ANYBOOKS is a lifesaver App.



My sister uses this app for her kids and they enjoy all the books they ca and read on their tablets. It also gives them a keen sense to pick up more books that watch movies or play games. And it really creates a unique rhythm if you'd like to start reading more but don't have time to go to the bookstores or cant really afford to buy them at that particular moment, some books have really become expensive.



So if you are in the mood to read a good book, go ahead and try these 3 tips and I promise you will love it. 

The best way to live your life, is to maybe imagine you in a few more. What can hurt when youre a princess for 3 hours. 

ALL MY LOVE 
KEESHA OF TAKKIES&TULIPS 

You May Also Like

0 comments