ESSENCE CHRISTMAS CAMPAIGN MAKEUP REVIEW

by - February 06, 2019

Blogging and Beauty on a Budget.


ESSENCE CHRISTMAS CAMPAIGN MAKEUP REVIEW





Good Day all my Amazing Readers
So how have all of you been doing? Did you enjoy my First Series instalment?


Please let me know of any feedback you may have for me you know I am open to ideas 😊
So, for this instalment I would like to start Reviews, may be with brands, or palettes even snacks. I guess you will just have to read and see 😊


SOOOO Essence is one of my all-time favourite brands, and I have a lot of reasons why, they are inexpensive, their products are good, (well 90% of the products I have tried), they are easily accessible and have something for everybody. A few no no’s is they don’t have a wide range for darker skin tones, they do have darkening drops but I hope they will start launching products with more options for ladies from all over the world, embracing all kinds of skin tones. I wouldnt mind if they even started a Skin Care range. They have a real great number of products, some which are not available in South Africa Yet, but one set that was, was their Christmas Campaign/Limited Edition Launch AND I BOUGHT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being a makeup fanatic, I have been obsessed with finding new cute products, that I can add to my collection and have them for a long time. And this set was a major deal, its my first Launch that I have bought which relates entirely to a season, as Christmas being my favourite season of the year, timing could not be any more perfect then when it was right then.

Let’s Start 🏃

The Entire Range

In all honesty I just stumbled upon this Christmas range at Dischem and thought I would check out the esssence Facebook page to see if I could find the Products, turns out it Launched at the end of november and I got my Hands on 3/4 products that were available.
the Range consists of a

  • Highlighter Brush with Mini Candy Canes inside
  • A Single Highlighter (I didnt purchase it cause it was too light for me) 
  • An Eyeshadow Palette 
  • A Stampy nail art kit 
  • A Ornament ball lip gloss 



Here is a screenshot of the range, I have still seen the Stampy nail art kit available but didn't purchase it either I prefer my nails pretty plain for the most part. 


What I Purchased


These are the 3 items that immediately caught my eye so i took it as fast as I realised what it was, I see on ESSENCE UK site how many amazing Palettes and Gadgets they have got so when I see an item has finally reached our shores, YUP I am riding that boat no problem.

The overall cost of these items was Under R300.00 and for me that's a bargain because they are surely a collectors item especially the Brush its so nifty and cute. Really Suits the holidays and I have not stopped using it since. 


My Experience

This eyeshadow palette for right now is one of my favourites, its so pigmented and easy to blend. There are a total of  9 Shades 3 Matte Shades, 5 glossy/light shimmer shades and 1 loose Glitter shade. I loved how with one palette you can create sof or heavy looks and building these eyeshadows were so easy. My favourite is the left bottom corner its like a glitter multi coloured tinsel and I AM HERE FOR IT!! 








The Highlighter brush is really dense and fluffy it makes it easy to use an easy to clean its such a breeze when the product can always work with you and in this case I give this BRUSH a 10 and an Extra 5 for being the cutest brush in my collection.

The Lipgloss ball is just wow CUTE!!!! Although I don't find myself reaching for it very often, it does give a cute tint to the lip but it can be a fuss to carry around. The formula is creamy and not overwhelming at all  


Favourite Look I created with the Christmas Range




SO if you have seen my posts on social media you would see this look all over it, I created the look for my Close Friend Kariens wedding and it went off like a freaking bomb, I used all 3 Matte shades then blended the bottom two burgundy shades and then took the lighted shade and added it to my lid and then I took the GLITTER or ALLLLL GLITTERS and I put it in my tear duct. YUP!!!!

For all my other face details please head to my Instagram @takkiesandtulips.


OVER ALL I love Christmas and I loved that this was an early Christmas gift to myself so far I am not disappointed with my purchase, and I hope it will inspire you to maybe make your own new looks using colours you have never tried before.

HAPPY WEDNESDAY LADIES and hers to every wednesday of February being our new meeting Spot.

Til next week

ALL MY LOVE
TAKKIES&TULIPS  



You May Also Like

0 comments