PREP, SET AND SLAY

by - August 10, 2018

Blogging and Beauty on a Budget.

PREP, SET AND SLAY 

Good Day all My Beautiful READERS








ITS DAY FIVE!!!!!!!

I feel like I reached a milestone I kid you not!

Today LADIES we are doing all the things, and by all the things I mean we are going to get our faces in order. RIGHT NOW!

TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN

Firstly, firstly. Please take care of your skin, I know I stress this a lot but you need to, I am going to be writing an updated skin routine so please, keep an eye out. But that is always step one, cleanse your skin and moisturise. In a previous post I did I spoke about my Palmers Cocoa Butter and all winter I have been using it to moisturize my face. Its really thick so I use a decent amount in order to keep my skin soft and moisturized.

So, the best thing about makeup is making sure everything you are wearing blends together, let me repeat, blends together! Its not easy finding your foundation shade, its either one shade too light or too dark, BUT recently I found my perfect shade in the LA GIRL range and It’s the only thing I wanted to use, I previously had spoken about other foundations but those we will get to in a bit. Let’s PREP our faces first. 

PRIMER

PRIMER IS ALWAYS YOUR FRIEND! We have now already established our moisturizing step, to always start with clean skin, that has been washed, toned and moisturized, in this step your skin feels smooth and almost ready for products, this step is important, and I will also give you a few affordable options and dupes I Recently discovered, PRIME YOUR SKIN AFTER MOISTURIZING. I use the LA GIRL Primer and Recently started mixing it with the Essence Colour correcting Primer. It has the most amazing finish.


Finding your perfect shade

When you are in the process of finding a foundation, if you can get samples. Because our skin all has undertone colours, so even if you get a foundation that matches your skin it could oxidize have you looking either too dark or too ashy, so make sure you’re under tone is correct. Then your foundation will blend evenly to your skin tone, and look fresher for longer through out your day or night. Looking so much better than it being dark or ashy after you have set your makeup.
My perfect winter shade in the Maybelline Fit me Foundation is 330 and My perfect summer shade is 350, sometimes I mix them for the perfect combination, I can even do a light contour with 350 when my skin Is really light.



Below I am going to attach a few charts that can help you find the perfect undertone for your skin and how better to pick foundation.




When matching foundation, do not only match it to your face, your neck and your chest have the most honest colour percentage. Sometimes your face can be lighter than the rest of your body, so trust a neutral place of your body.


Knowing your blenders/ application

What you apply your foundation with is key, I personally am not a fan of foundation brushes, I want my foundation to feel like a second skin, it annoys me to death when there are streaky lines or even fluff that ends up in my foundation, I know that beauty blenders changed the game, but some hurt more than they help. I will show you which ones I’ve used and which have given me the best results.

I have used the Cala Makeup Sponges, the two I used were under R80.00 each and I feel like they were so difficult to work in, usually a beauty blender is used damp so that it allows for an airbrush effect and I felt like these ones damp were still pretty hard.



I then found the Real Techniques Beauty Blender, WOW For 119.95 It changed my life, it is so easy to use and work with, and that I even use it to blend my highlighter and it is so much easier to clean.

Okay lets head to application, I usually apply my concealer first after my primer because I use it to shape my eyebrows as well after I have filled them in, I use the Essence eyebrow pencil in dark brown, I used the It Cosmetics Brow pencil first it was a Gift I Won from a fellow Bloggers giveaway SCARLET PIPER and wow it changed my brow game, I am on the hunt to find it again. But before tell you how I apply let me show you what I look like without my foundation or brows.

This is after I have moisturized my face and I have no brow done, my problem areas are the darkness around my mouth and under my eyes, and marks from my breakouts, OR actual breakouts.😭


This is my every day face, I usually wear my brows everyday, well most days, they just so much definition to my face and make my eyes look fuller and bring my naked face together. 🙋

I apply my foundation depending on my needs, if I want a light coat I only put about a coin full of foundation on my skin, if I want fuller coverage I add more, I don't like to add a lot of concealer afterwards I like how my foundation looks like a second skin, it also makes me feel way more like myself. 

This is what I look like after I have applied my foundation, mascara, a little eyeliner and a subtle almost skin tone highlighter 


The aim is I love to feel as if I am not wearing makeup, I want the freedom that I used all my tools to have my look still be me. I just have is emphasize the parts of my face I might like more than others, but also to colour correct all the parts if my skin I'm still working on. 

SET SET SET SET!!!! 
Okay this is important, when you set your makeup, it should work like  good hairspray and keep your look intact, it also prolongs your makeup wear this is best for events, date night and even for the summer. 
I have been using the YARLEY TRANSLUCENT setting powder, and wow, what an investment I have made, The LA Translucent setting powder makes my skin look so white and ashy and has HORRIBLE FLASHBACK where as this powder adheres to my skin shade and sets my makeup so perfectly


I also use the Dischem Rose Water in a tiny spray bottle and I set my makeup with it for some added moisture and protection. 

I recently also found the Essence New Ready to Glow Setting spray I am definitely not sure how I feel about it, I know girls want the glow, but its a very Purple glow and I'm not sure it does fit my skin tone, and there is chunks of glitter that sprays out. I am not sure if its me that didn't shake it well, but I think as a body glitter it will be brilliant, So either way I do not lose. 

The best part about make up is that you do what makes you happy, experiment till you get it right, you will eventually find what works for you and what does not, and until you do, TAKKIES&TULIPS GOT YOU COVERED. 

SO We have come to an end of the 5 posts in 5 days, WE MADE IT!!!! 
To every single reader who took time out to sit and read and even comment on my posts thank you, I am so grateful  for you, and this will not be the last time, I WILL not leave again and I promise that as much as I need to keep myself inspired, you guys are a huge part of that. 

ALL MY LOVE 
KEESHA MCPHERSON OF TAKKIES&TULIPS 






You May Also Like

0 comments